Opening day for 2014 summer car reservations is:
Monday, January 6, 2014
All vehicle reservations must be made by phone. Please call, (866) 783-7996 ext 3.
Please have the following information available when you call to reserve vehicle space:
- Desired travel dates & times. Please check the 2013 Traditional schedule online to plan your desired travel times prior to booking.
- Make and model of vehicle
- Credit card information
- Valid email address. Your confirmation letter will be emailed to you.
- Please take note that vehicle reservations require arrival one hour before the boat’s departure; please plan desired travel times accordingly.
- You must indicate whether there will be anything on top, front, or back of your vehicle, as this may affect availability.
- Please determine total vehicle height prior to booking; you must indicate if your vehicle will exceed 7 feet in height, as this may alter availability and pricing.
Vehicle Registration Procedures
- All vehicle reservations must be booked in advance, by telephone. Vehicle reservations for summer weekends and holidays should be booked 4 – 5 months in advance.
- All vehicle reservations must be paid in advance by credit card.
- Once your reservation is made, you will receive a confirmation email. Please review your confirmation to ensure all information is accurate. If an error is found you must call the reservation office immediately. Please present this letter and a photo ID upon check-in.
- All vehicles with a reservation must be at the dock and checked in at the car ticket window 1-HOUR prior to departure time. Failure to do so could result in reservation forfeiture.
- In the event the ferry is canceled, your reservation is also canceled. Please call reservation office to reschedule.
- All vehicles are transported at the owners risk and must be accompanied by a driver.
- Under Coast Guard regulation #49 CFR 172.101: No full portable gasoline or propane tanks are allowed on vessels carrying passengers.
All Reservations must be cancelled 7 days in advance of departure date to receive a refund, at which time you will be assessed a $11.70 cancellation fee per one way reservation. Cancellation within 7 days will not be eligible for a refund.
Reservations may be changed only twice any time prior to seven days before departure. During those seven days only one additional change may be made. Reservations changed within the seven day time period must be used and cannot be changed again or cancelled and issued a refund. Changes must be within the calendar year. Unused reservations are not eligible for a refund or another change.
If you would like to take your vehicle to Block Island, but are unable to book a reservation, you can inquire about standby, on the date of travel. Traveling standby, does not guaranteed a return reservation.
To travel Standby: Check in at the vehicle reservation lot at least 1 hour prior to departure time. The lot attendant will give you a standby ticket and direct you to the standby lot. You should drive immediately to the standby lot and check in with the attendant in this lot. Once in the standby lot, you cannot leave your vehicle.
If your vehicle is not called for the current ferry, you may remain on standby for the next ferry and your spot in line will be held as long as you remain in the standby lot with your vehicle. Once you or your vehicle leave the standby lot, you place in line is lost. Standby lists do not transfer to the following day.