PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AVAILABLE WHEN YOU CALL (866) 783-7996 EXT 3 TO RESERVE A VEHICLE
- Note: You must identify the driver of the vehicle when making your reservation. Upon check-in the driver will be required to show photo identification matching the recorded driver on the reservation. Vehicle reservations are nontransferable and the assigned driver’s name cannot be changed after the initial booking.
- Desired travel dates & times. Please check the 2021 Traditional schedule online to plan your desired travel times prior to booking.
- Make and model of vehicle
- Name of the driver of the vehicle.
- Credit card information
- Valid email address. Your confirmation letter will be emailed to you.
- Please note that vehicle reservations require arrival one hour before the scheduled departure; please plan accordingly.
- You must indicate whether there will be anything on the top, front, or back of your vehicle, as this may affect availability.
- Please determine total vehicle height prior to booking; you must indicate if your vehicle will exceed 7 feet in height, as this may alter availability and pricing.
All vehicle reservations must be made by phone.
Block Island Ferry Car Reservation Video
Car Reservation Procedures
- All vehicle reservations must be booked in advance by telephone.
- All vehicle reservations must be paid in advance by credit card.
- Once your reservation is made, you will receive a confirmation email. Please review your confirmation to ensure all information is accurate. If an error is found please call the reservation office immediately. Please present this letter and a photo ID that matches the driver name on the reservation upon check-in.
- All vehicles with a reservation must be at the dock and checked in at the car ticket window 1-HOUR prior to departure time. Failure to do so could result in reservation forfeiture.
- Driver & passenger tickets may be purchased on the day of travel at the car ticket window during check-in.
- In the event the ferry is canceled, your reservation is also canceled. Please call the reservation office to reschedule.
- All vehicles are transported at the owners risk and must be accompanied by a driver.
- Under Coast Guard regulation #49 CFR 172.101: No full portable gasoline or propane tanks are allowed on vessels carrying passengers
All Reservations must be cancelled 7 days in advance of departure date to receive a refund, at which time you will be assessed a $12.85 cancellation fee per one way reservation. Cancellation within 7 days will not be eligible for a refund.
Vehicle changes must be made in advance. Reservations may be changed only twice any time prior to seven days before departure. During the week of travel only one additional change may be made. Reservations changed within the seven day time period must be used and cannot be changed again or canceled and issued a refund. Changes must be within the calendar year. Changes cannot be made once the reservation date and time have passed. The drivers name cannot be changed after the initial booking.
We do offer standby for those without a vehicle reservation, or for those looking to try and get on an earlier ferry time than the one on which they are currently scheduled. Standby is first come first serve for the day, not per sailing time. Standby can only be attempted for a time earlier than the one on which you are currently booked. If you currently have a vehicle reservation and you make it on standby, your payment will be transferred to your new sailing time
GENERAL STANDBY INFORMATION
- Standby signup is available in person only. Standby may not be signed up for in advance or over the phone. Standby lists do not transfer over to the next calendar day.
- Daily standby signup begins each calendar day one hour prior to the first ferry departure time that day. The lot attendant arrives one hour prior to the first schedule ferry departure on any given day. Any persons arriving before the lot open will be checked in when the employee arrives.
- Being approved for Standby transportation that day does not guarantee you a return ferry reservation. It is best to check return availability in advance prior to Standby signup. Standby is also available for departures leaving Block Island.
- A driver must remain with the vehicle in the Standby Lot. If your vehicle is approved for Standby and a driver is not present at that time, your vehicle will be skipped over to the next vehicle in line.
- If your vehicle is not called for the current ferry time, you may choose to remain on standby for the next ferry. Your spot in line will be held as you remain in the standby lot with your vehicle. Once your vehicle leaves the standby lot, your place in line will be forfeited.
- If you are approved for standby and you have already paid for a vehicle reservation in advance, your reservation and applied payment will be transferred to your approved standby departure time instead. Please have a copy of your confirmation email or confirmation number when checking in at the window. **Important to know: If attempting to improve inconvenient reservation times, it is best to reserve for a later ferry time and arrive earlier for Standby signup. Missed reservations will be forfeited and non-refundable.
STANDBY PROCEDURES (DAY OF TRAVEL)
High season standby travel: March 25th-Mid October
Signing up for standby:
Pt. Judith terminal: Go directly to our Standby Lot without needing to first stop at our ferry terminal. The Standby lot is located at 158 Galilee Connector Rd. Narragansett.
Block Island terminal: Standby signup is take at the entrance to the vehicle reservation lot.
- Pull your vehicle into the Standby Lot entrance and wait for the Standby Lot Attendant to check you in.
- Lot Attendant will direct you into the Standby line. They will also write out a Vehicle Security Form that they will keep until you have been cleared for Standby (You will need this form for check-in at the Car ticket window if approved for Standby).
- If your vehicle is not called for the current ferry time, you may choose to remain on standby for the next ferry. Your spot in line will be held as long as you remain in the standby lot with your vehicle. Once your vehicle leaves the standby lot, your place in line will be forfeited.
- If your vehicle is called for Standby, a driver must be present. If your vehicle is called and no driver is present, your car will be skipped over to the next vehicle in line.
- (Pt Judith Terminal only) If your vehicle is called for Standby, the Lot Attendant will inform you and direct you to the Reservations Lot at the ferry terminal for check-in. Pull your car into the reservation lot where there will be another lot Attendant expecting your arrival.
- You will be given your security form and directed to the car ticket window to check-in and purchase your passenger tickets. After you have checked-in and purchased your ferry tickets, you may return to your vehicle. The Lot Attendant and crew members will be there to assist and direct you.